Thursday, May 6, 2010

Would you like some bitching with that whine?

If there's one thing I will never understand, it is society's ability (and need, it seems) to complain about the smallest, most insignificant things.

Today at work, a customer came in with his lifted, 4WD quad-cab pickup truck. I had remembered seeing him before, but only once in the 8 months I have been at my current job. Usually when people come into the area where he does, they get the interior cleaned, but when he drove up and exited the vehicle, having just come from the wash tunnel, he told us that he only wants the exterior of his truck towel-dried, and that's it. Cool.

I dry off the vehicle completely, and let him know it is ready. I should also tell you that his truck has custom wheels, and MOST vehicles that have custom wheels ask for "armor all", which is what we will call it, to shine their tires. Well, he also requested no armor all.

He comes out, and asks if I could polish his chrome tailpipes (like most trucks, his had twin pipes out the back). I said sure, and went ahead and did it.

He exclaims, not a second later "I want my wheels done better than that!"" Apparently, he wanted his wheels wiped off, something I wasn't planning on doing since he pretty much made it clear he didn't want his wheels touched.

I call a co-worker over and we wipe the water off his precious wheels, which mind you, were off-road rims and tires that I DOUBT had ever seen a speck of dirt, kind of a waste of money to lift a truck so obnoxiously high, throw on some big tires and robust wheels and just drive around on the street dont'cha think?

So ANYWAY, we do that, and I send this prick on his merry way. He stops the truck just as he is pulling out, backs up, parks, and gets out. He exclaims "Can someone do my inside windows please?"

........

Again, it goes back to two things here. One, I hadn't ever seen this guy and his truck but once before, and two, he had only wanted the outside done. Now normally, like I said, when a car pulls in we do the inside, wipe the dash and clean the windshield and all interior windows. He exclaims "Come on guys, I come in at least twice a week"..

...well, good for you! I haven't seen you but once before so it doesn't really matter how much you come in, I haven't seen you often, so I have no idea what exactly it is you want done to your truck, so you better be pretty damn specific and tell me, and NOT get fussy with me when everything you want doesn't get done because YOU lack proper communication.

F%@*!

Far later in the day, my fiance and I decided we were hungry, so we went to grab some food. We ended up at a buffet-style restaurant because we were both super hungry :) Whilst dining, we overheard an older lady complaining about how they didn't have cottage cheese and she wanted to speak with the manager...

*facepalm*

You serious? There are people in this world who don't eat because they have no food, and YOU have the audacity to complain about, of all things, cottage fucking cheese? Jesus christ on a pogo stick.

I lost a slight bit of faith for humanity every time I encounter people like the above-mentioned in life.

But, not to be cliche, THAT'S LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment